I do not feel like I am a person who has really bad days, because I know my time on earth is short and I try to keep everything in perspective. But this day October 8th, 3 years ago was my Worst Day!
This was the day I mourned the death of my child that I hadn't even met!
Nick & I had been at a routine Dr's appointment the day before getting an ultrasound (the one where parents usually find out the gender!) and she recommended that we go see a specialist. Not really thinking anything of it, because the Dr was so calm, I assumed everything was ok but they just wanted to check out the baby in detail!
Well, we went to Jacksonville early that morning and as we got closer to the specialist location the tension between Nick & I got tense and I could tell we both began to get a little nervous.
Once in the Dr's office the specialist confirmed what our ultra sound tech had thought!
There were NO KIDNEY'S!
"What does that mean?" I can hearing Nick ask.
Why don't you folks come sit with me in the next room, the specialist requested!
That's when the bomb dropped.
YOUR BABY IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LIFE!!
I THINK YOU SHOULD TERMINATE THE PREGNANCY.
Silence.... my heart dropped. Nick put his arm around me as I WEPT!
THAT IS NOT AN OPTION. Was the only thing I could say.
I don't remember what else was really said except Nick making sure my health wasn't in jeopardy, but the Dr's gave a us little hope that I would carry full term.
What was amazing about this, was by the time we had gotten home... which I'm not really sure how we got home since I drove and Nick called our families, was that we were immediately surrounded by love & support!
My co-workers came over to comfort and then some sweet friends from church came over and spent the evening with us, praying for us and just being there for us!
Well..... that was 3 years ago today!
Not a day goes by that I do not think of how our lives have been forever changed because of our precious daughter Layla!
Today, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby K #2.
The Dr's say any day, but I am not due for 17 days :)
Some days it's hard to stay excited just because I know what it like to carry full term and NOT get to bring a baby home! But we are trusting in the Lord and have made proper preparations for our little one!
This was the day I mourned the death of my child that I hadn't even met!
Nick & I had been at a routine Dr's appointment the day before getting an ultrasound (the one where parents usually find out the gender!) and she recommended that we go see a specialist. Not really thinking anything of it, because the Dr was so calm, I assumed everything was ok but they just wanted to check out the baby in detail!
Well, we went to Jacksonville early that morning and as we got closer to the specialist location the tension between Nick & I got tense and I could tell we both began to get a little nervous.
Once in the Dr's office the specialist confirmed what our ultra sound tech had thought!
There were NO KIDNEY'S!
"What does that mean?" I can hearing Nick ask.
Why don't you folks come sit with me in the next room, the specialist requested!
That's when the bomb dropped.
YOUR BABY IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LIFE!!
I THINK YOU SHOULD TERMINATE THE PREGNANCY.
Silence.... my heart dropped. Nick put his arm around me as I WEPT!
THAT IS NOT AN OPTION. Was the only thing I could say.
I don't remember what else was really said except Nick making sure my health wasn't in jeopardy, but the Dr's gave a us little hope that I would carry full term.
What was amazing about this, was by the time we had gotten home... which I'm not really sure how we got home since I drove and Nick called our families, was that we were immediately surrounded by love & support!
My co-workers came over to comfort and then some sweet friends from church came over and spent the evening with us, praying for us and just being there for us!
Well..... that was 3 years ago today!
Not a day goes by that I do not think of how our lives have been forever changed because of our precious daughter Layla!
Today, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby K #2.
The Dr's say any day, but I am not due for 17 days :)
Some days it's hard to stay excited just because I know what it like to carry full term and NOT get to bring a baby home! But we are trusting in the Lord and have made proper preparations for our little one!
What a sad day:(. Praying for you, Jaime
ReplyDeleteYou are so brave. Praying God's peace over you guys right now.
ReplyDelete