So today marks 3 months since we said hello to our beautiful daughter.
Today also marks 3 months since we had to say goodbye--for now!!!
I haven't been able to write much in the last 3 months because I have been
learning so much about myself, my husband, my marriage, my GOD, my family,
my friends, my weaknesses and my strengths... and that is hard to write about.
I have learned so much about love and what it means to truly love someone.
I have learned that love at first sight does exist!!
I have learned that I am more in love with my husband than I ever thought possible!
I have learned that marriage is a choice... we CHOOSE to make it work or not to!
I have learned that I am stronger than I ever thought I could be.
I have learned that I am weak when I shouldn't be!
I have learned to face my fear and know that He is holding me up!
I have learned what really matters and what needs to be forgotten!
I have learned what it means to hurt so much you feel like you can't go on!
I have learned what it means to have so much JOY that only comes from knowing He holds my heart!
I have learned what it is like to not just cry but to weep for the one I love and miss!
I have learned that when I hear a song about Heaven I see my precious Layla!
I have learned that my daughter's life has lead people to know Him, than my life!!
I have learned to let God use me!!
Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always. Psalm 105:4
Today also marks 3 months since we had to say goodbye--for now!!!
I haven't been able to write much in the last 3 months because I have been
learning so much about myself, my husband, my marriage, my GOD, my family,
my friends, my weaknesses and my strengths... and that is hard to write about.
I have learned so much about love and what it means to truly love someone.
I have learned that love at first sight does exist!!
I have learned that I am more in love with my husband than I ever thought possible!
I have learned that marriage is a choice... we CHOOSE to make it work or not to!
I have learned that I am stronger than I ever thought I could be.
I have learned that I am weak when I shouldn't be!
I have learned to face my fear and know that He is holding me up!
I have learned what really matters and what needs to be forgotten!
I have learned what it means to hurt so much you feel like you can't go on!
I have learned what it means to have so much JOY that only comes from knowing He holds my heart!
I have learned what it is like to not just cry but to weep for the one I love and miss!
I have learned that when I hear a song about Heaven I see my precious Layla!
I have learned that my daughter's life has lead people to know Him, than my life!!
I have learned to let God use me!!
Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always. Psalm 105:4
Thank you for sharing all the things you have learned. Thinking of you this day as you celebrate the life you cherished with Layla and continue to grieve from the loss of her life here on earth. You are loved. Jaime
ReplyDeleteI struggle with the right words, but know that you and Nick are thought of often. The girls love to look at pictures of Layla and have started singing the song Aunt Selah wrote for her. We have learned so much from your guys' example through the loss of Layla. We love you both so much. Cherishing and remembering those beautiful 34 mintues with my sweet niece Layla.....
ReplyDeleteDon't feel like you are "weak" when you "shouldn't" be. Who says you "should" be strong? You're strong in so many ways. Another mommy (who is all to familiar with loss) said that when you have setbacks, it's not "one step forward, two steps back", you're sitting down right where you are to take a rest. No "setbacks". :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a journey that Lord has lead you and Nick and both families on. We may never understand, but I feel some comfort knowing how many lives have been touched by Layla's life and your and Nick's example... including mine. Romelia is is right .. the words are so hard to find in all of this ... and Amanda, the songs make we weep ... Layla will always have a part of my heart and I long for the day that we will all be reunited. I love you so much !!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so precious and full of wisdom! I see myself coming back to this post in the future just to take in its Truth again! Thank you so much for sharing your heart! We love you three!
ReplyDeleteLife has so many hard lessons to learn.
ReplyDeleteLean on Jesus.love always and forever.