Jesus Christ is the same
yesterday,
today
and forever!
Hebrews 13:8
A sweet friend has this verse posted on her FB page.
And it really hit me this week as to why that is so true!
Today, Layla Rae would have been 6 months old!
I can hardly imagine what ours lives would be like
with her still here with us!
There is not a day that goes by that
I don't think about her and ache for her!
There have been so many conversations that I have
been in where people are really trying to comprehend
the goodness of God.
How God can allow bad things to happen to good people?
Because, believe me, on any scale I would say that
we are good people, but we are still sinners!
I have been reading a great book given to me by my mother,
If God is Good... Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil by Randy Alcorn.
It goes through great detail about suffering and its purpose on humanity.
I can tell you that it has been such a blessing.
One verse that is pointed out is
"The earth is the Lord's and everything in it,
the world and all who live it it" Psalm 24:1
Long before we ever knew Layla Rae, she was the Lord's.
That is what I am clinging to right now
In our minds we don't understand why God wouldn't want to bless you with your sweet Layla to be here and in your arms. BUT!!! You are blessed with many sweet and wonderful memories. Layla was and IS a miracle and God is doing great things because you and Nick were and are willing to be used by HIM!!! We won't know this side of heaven the impact Layla has had on so many lives for ETERNITY!!! We love you guys and are missing sweet Layla, especially today.....Aunt Romy, Uncle Matt, Kaylin, Elayna & Claire
ReplyDelete“If I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will"
ReplyDelete