Where Joy and Sorrow Meet~Avalon

There's a place of quiet stillness
'tween the light and shadows reach
Where the hurting and the hopeless
seek everlasting peace
Words of men and songs of
angels whisper comfort bittersweet
Mending grief and life eternal
where joy and sorrow meet

There is a place where hope remains
In crowns of thorns and crimson stains
And tears that fall on Jesus' feet
Where joy and sorrow meet

There's a place the lost surrender
and the weary will retreat
Full of grace and mercy tender
in times of unbelief
For the wounded there is healing,
strength is given to the weak
Broken hearts find love redeeming
where joy and sorrow meet

There's a place of thirst and hunger
where the roots of faith grow deep
And there is rain and rolling thunder
when the road is rough and steep
There is hope in desperation
there is victory in defeat
At the cross of restoration
where joy and sorrow meet


 
I have been really thinking about the phrase
‘where joy and sorrow meet’.
Over and over I keep singing those words in my head!
That is where I feel like I am.
I am at the place where I am so joyful with my life right now!
Hard to believe it, some might think, but it really is true!
I have a completely different outlook on life.
I can see the good and not dwell on the negative!
The sorrow part is also very true!
I miss my daughter desperately,
But I know she is in a better place than I am!

It’s hard to describe to someone the way I feel!
A constant state of peace!!

Comments

  1. It comes in waves, enjoy the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is amazing that He gives joy when the world would say we're crazy for not hating Him. There's joy just in knowing that you're walking in His will and He is in control of it all. Thank you for being a walking testimony of His mercy, healing, understanding that is greater than our human understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Nick are showing that you can rest in His Perfect Peace, because you know and believe that you are in His Will and He is with you. You are an amazing momma!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy and sorrow. where does one begin and the
    other end? You can't appreciate the one without
    the other. This is sharing a bit of what the
    man of sorrows went through. I think of all that Mary pondered in her heart.
    I praise God for His mighty wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been on my heart recently. I have tears of JOY from reading your recent blogs. You and Nick have kept your focus on the Lord and He has comforted you and blessed you greatly. Happy belated Mother's Day. You are an amazing Mom! Also, happy anniversary. You and Nick are a blessing!!! I look forward to seeing Layla Rae in Heaven. May the LORD continue to bless you with abundant JOY! I love you~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment