Breakout Update

So I know that many of you might be wondering how Breakout went.

Well lets just say that when God speak, LISTEN!!!

I was so nervous about going and speaking to this group of students.  
But after we arrived and then prayed over, I walked out onto the stage 
and knew this is exactly where God wanted me to be.
I shared of all the trials that Nick and I have had during our 8 years together. 
From having a long distance relationship for 2 years, 
moving 1200 miles away from our families, joblessness, 
getting broke into during our first year of marriage, 
unexpected pregnancy, and now losing our daughter Layla.
I spoke of God’s faithfulness and how we still find JOY 
in knowing that we will see her again!  
I shared about strength and where our strength comes from; the Lord!
I challenged the students and adults there to look at their lives
 and see where their strength would come from if and when they will be faced with trials!

The following Sunday a story was shared with us about one girl 
(14 professed Christ that night)
who was specifically touched by our story.  
She stated that she was like Layla,
‘she looked perfect on the outside, 
but was dying on the inside." 
She shared that she had grown up in the church 
and knew what to do and what to say,
but had never made that personal decision.
I WAS BLOWN AWAY, by going to Breakout!! 
It is hard for me to share my faith openly, 
but I have a heart for middle/high school students, 
because I know that is the time to get their attention.  
Students are at a stage in their life where they are going 
to decide what they REALLY believe.  
I know that Layla’s life has made a huge impact on those students!

Comments

  1. Praise the Lord! Layla's life and your story will continue to bring others to Jesus for the rest of your lives on this earth! Don't stop sharing what the Lord has done and is teaching you...You are glorifying His name! Thank you for sharing with me! Kristie (Romy's Texas friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Proud of You !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment