Back to work!!

Well today was it, I was headed back to work.  But surprisingly I was ready!!
I wasn't sure what was ahead for me, but was glad that the sun was out and shining!!!

The day started off with an Aflac meeting where everyone that I would have seen on a daily basis was there.  The construction crew, the maintenace guys and the office ladies.  It was very welcoming.  They were all glad to see me back and shared how they missed seeing me.  Wanted to make sure that they knew it must have been hard, but they were all glad to see that I was going good despite the past few weeks.

Working at our apartment complex I see our residents all day long and throughout our pregnancy I disclosed very little.  I was appreciative when I was congratulated that I was pregnant, but chose not to share what Layla's diagnosis was.

My GREAT co-workers graciously shared with residents who inquired about my absence and was greatly not to have to share with everyone who walked into the office today.  Only two young ladies came in who hadn't seen me since before Christmas.  One young lady shared that her mother lost two babies before her and the other young lady said she didn't know what to say and was so sorry.  She was tearing up but did not cry in my presence.

I was amazingly strong.  Or at least that was how I felt.  I almost secretively wanted someone to ask about her so that I could show her off--which I did show the young ladies her picture...they said she looked like me :)

Anyway....I could truly feel the prayers that were being said for me (us) today.  Thanks!!!


Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.  Psalm 55:22

Comments

Post a Comment